The Marcato Corzetti Starter Kit, is an excellent set if you’re just getting started into making Corzetti.
Corzetti is an embossed piece of pasta dough that dates back to the Renaissance era and resembles a big coin. According to Marcato, Corzetti was also used in “ancient times by noble families who would stamp their own coat of arms onto the pasta, to emphasize the importance of lineage”. Nowadays, corzetti is typically seen in the Italian regions of Liguria and Tuscany.
In modern times, the Marcato Corzetti Starter Kit is used to create eye-catching spiral and lily designs onto small, thin rounds of pasta. In addition, the grooves in the dough ensure that it traps the sauce which, greatly enhances the flavor of your dish.
Easy to Use:
- Roll out pasta dough sheet
- Use the base cutter to wiggle/cut the dough into 2” circles to make the corzetti
- Turn the base cutter-side down and place the corzetti on the top of the base
- Grab the spiral and/or lily corzetti stamp and press it against the base to emboss the corzetti with the spiral and/or lily design
- Set includes: 1 Marcato Spiral Corzetti Stamp with Base Set and 1 Lily Stamp
- Base and cutters constructed of sustainably sourced, 100% toxic free, beech wood
- Dimensions of Spiral Stamp: 2” base diameter, 1.6” cutter height
- Dimensions of Lily Stamp: 2.4” base diameter, 1.5” cutter height
- Item Weight: 0.5lbs
- Requires only a gentle pressure to create a perfectly molded corzetti
- Ideal for firmer dough, such as pasta and even shortbread cookies!
- Stamps create grooves in the dough that will trap sauce and boost flavor
- Easily cleaned with a cloth or brush
- Occasionally coat with food-grade mineral oil to keep the wood looking its best
- Easily stored due to compact size
- Fits in with any kitchen aesthetic
- Comes gift boxed
- 2 year warranty
- Made by the Marcato family in Italy – the leader in producing pasta machines and their accessories since the 1930s!
Check out our other Marcato Corzetti products here.
There are no reviews yet.